These ARE The Droids You’re Looking For!
Motorola will be releasing the next two chapters in the “Droid Saga” to market, the elusive Droid X by Motorola (aka Droid Shadow / Xtreme / XTRM / Evo 4G Killer) as well as the follow up to the phone that single handedly saved Motorola from self implosion, the Droid 2. Current reports, compiled from Gadget University, Engadget, and Droid-Life.com, as well as our own personal sources, both devices should be available by the end of August 2010.
Want some unofficial official specs on both devices? as well as some sexy newish shots? Check after the jump!
First up, we have the Droid X-which is the first of these rumored to be released. June – July 2010, with a Fathers Day2010 release being the earliest reported. This devices has been floating around the interwebs in leaked pictures for weeks now, under the names Droid Shadow, Droid 2, Droid Extreme, Droid Xtreme, and Droid XTRM. Here’s what we KNOW about the Droid X by Motorola– due out June-July 2010ish on Verizon Wireless:
- 4.3″ LCD Screen
- WebKit 4 Web Browser
- Android 2.1 at launch
- “ShadowBlur” / “NinjaBlur”-which, we’re not 100% sure what that is-more on that later.
- 1 ghz Processor (OMAP, not Snapdragon)
- 720p HD Video
- HDMI Out
- Micro USB Charger
- Thinner battery than Droid 1, however it’s a bigger mAh, sitting at 1500 mAh (WIN!)
- 8 MP Camera with Dual LED Flash
More Pics of the Droid X: (via Gadget University / Droid-Life.com)
Here’s whats RUMORED but unofficial yet:
- 16 Gig Internal Memory (like Droid Incredible) + 16 Gig Micro SD included
- Android 2.2 update pretty damn quick
- Price: $299.99 + 100$ Mail In Rebate with new 2 year contract. Damn near $600.00 Full Retail / Off Contract
- ShadowBlur / NinjaBlur
What this “ShadowBlur” / “NinjaBlur” is, remains to be seen.
- Sources have said it’s nothing like MotoBlur as we know it, and it actually doesn’t suck! It’s still a custom UI, but not as intrusive as the MotoBlur on the Cliq / Devour / Backflip.
- Background process that makes the phone INSANELY fast.
- I also have sources who still INSIST that the phone will launch with Stock Android. Whatever. The only real evidence of this is the fact that those YouTube and Music Widgets you see on those screen shots above-are the same as the STOCK VANILLA ANDROID widgets, not the current MotoBlur ones.
Unfortuantly, this theory is the least founded and probably wrong. As long as I can install Launcher Pro, I’ll be content. 🙂
- -Android 2.1, barring last minute FroYo update
- -3.7″ screen
- -750MHz OMAP processor
- -Wi-Fi tethering (most likely in the 2.2. Update, most likely for an extra 30 bucks)
- -8GB internal
- -8GB SD card preinstalled
- -Updated keyboard
- -5MP camera (grr)
- -New version of Motoblur
- -No HDMI port
- -No front facing camera (really? Come one. that’s so unneeded)
So here it is Team Android members. Who here’s wants the Droid X? (ME!), who wants the Droid 2 (..not me….)
Tags: 2.2, Andriod 2.2, Android, Android Devices, App, App Review, Droid. Flash 10.1, Droid2, DroidX, Engadget, Froyo, Google, Incridible, motorola, Nexus One, root, SD card, Shadow, Sprint, TeamAndroid Authors, Verizon, xtreme