Archive for the ‘TeamAndroid Members’ Category
Who wants an inexpensive DROID?!?!?!?!
Well here’s the deal. July 15th, I will be ordering a shiny new Droid X from Verizon Wireless. What will I do with my old device? Sell it of course!
So here’s the deal. I will include:
- Motorola Droid A855 Smartphone (Verizon Wireless)
- —-This device is ROOTED, and it will come with Stock 2.2 FroYo installed, unless you want another ROM (Cyanogen, Bugless Beast, JRummy, whatever!)
- One 16GB MicroSD Card, totally clean and ready to be filled to the brim with whatever your hearts desire
- TWO Hard Snap on covers. One translucent BLUE, with a blue CyanogenMOD Sticker (courtesy of our friends @GrafiXpressions), and one WHITE Cover, with a black Android logo sticker (again, courtesy of our friends @GrafiXpressions)
- 1 Charger / USB Cable
- 1 Verizon/Motorola Multimedia Stand
- 1 Verizon/Motorola Car Mount Dock
- 1 Official Verizon / Motorola Droid Battery (duh)
my current asking price is $275 for everything + $10 for shipping. Now, let’s do the math here. If you don’t have an eligible upgrade on your account, you are looking at paying $550 (Full Retail) for a new Droid, or $289.99 for a Certified Pre-Owned Droid (assuming Verizon’s warehouse HAS them in stock. Good luck.) This is just for the phone / charger / battery. Nothing else. Good deal right?
Again, this will become OFFICIAL After July 15th (thanks to shipping, probably looking around the 20th of July).
So, here’s the deal. The Motorola DROID came out on November 6th, and now it appears that the device will be replaced with the OFFICIAL successor, the Droid2.0 sooner rather than later. NOT COOL. But whatever…
Want to see my evidence? Continue on after the break!
I’m going to admit it, at first I wanted a iPhone, reasons being I brought into the hype and thought it was cracked up to be. At the time the choices were clear, either buy a iPhone or go with a more reliable Android, I made the decision to buy an Android. I knew nothing of the OS at the time. I knew it was from Google and had apps, knew it synced with Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr. Other than that I was shocked to find all the other amazing features of my device.
I purchased my HTC Hero in late January with the intentions to have a smartphone that’s better than all the rest. Android is just that, the operating system has saved me on long road trips with instant Google Map directions, easy access to web and video because of the amazing ability to have flash player, which impressed me aswell, and syncing with my mail I can stay on the road longer.
A phone should simply amplify your pleasure, when my old Razr broke I realized I needed a sturdy yet multi-functional device, with multi tasking and music playing/video. My phone is the best I can get, and it’s only getting better. HTC is constantly improving on their products, things I may not have even considered to need improvisions. I’m proud to say I’m an Android user allied with Official Team Android to support and try and spread the word of how great Android is. I will never trade my phone for another, and I was so idiotic (I realize now) to want a iPhone.